Burns Valkenburg & Associates (BVA) is committed to ensuring our customers and others who receive communications from us do not encounter spam. We only send commercial electronic messages (CEMs) from our servers in compliance with the Anti-Spam Policy.
BVA only sends CEMs in the following contexts:
- You have explicitly informed us that you would like to receive such messages (ex. updates on current events at BVA, newsletters, etc.)
- To communicate with you about your account and business relationship with us
- To provide information that you are entitled to receive about products or services you have purchased from us
- You have provided your email to us
- You have an existing business relationship with BVA
- You have an existing non-business relationship with BVA (such as being a volunteer)
- The BVA representative sending you the message has a personal, family, or other relationship with you
- You are receiving the message in order for BVA to fulfill a legal obligation or enforce a pending or existing legal right
How does BVA protect you from receiving spam?
CEMs sent, or caused to be sent, from BVA’s servers do not
- Use or contain invalid or forged headers or non-existent domain names
- Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent or obscure the sender of the message, the point of origin or the transmission for the message
- Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content
- Use a third-party’s internet domain name, or relay from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party or
- Attempt to surprise or confuse you. BVA makes the best efforts to ensure that you have either specifically asked to receive electronic messages from us, or you can reasonably expect to
BVA does not knowingly do business with any company that participates in sending spam. BVA does not sell or exchange any of your information without your consent.
What if I no longer want to receive messages from BVA?
- In most cases, BVA provides you with the ability to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving our CEMs. When you unsubscribe using the links provided in our CEMs, your request will be processed as soon as possible.
- In the unlikely event that you receive any messages from BVA that may be considered spam, contact us and the matter will be investigated.
Receipt of a CEMs from BVA that seems to violate this policy
- In the unlikely event that you may receive any messages from BVA that may be considered spam, please contact us immediately and the matter will be investigated.
- All BVA staff are aware of the anti-spam policy and are trained and required to ensure that CEMs receive prior approval from the partnership before being sent to any of our customers. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken in the event that this procedure is not followed.
Changes to the Anti-Spam Policy
- BVA may amend this policy at any time by publishing a new version of it on our website.
- We are committed to ensuring that you do not receive unwanted emails from our servers.
- Should you have any questions about BVA’s anti-spam management strategies, please contact us. Contact info will also appear on every CEMs you receive from us.